Tuesday 1 September 2009

On limits of life

Many a time, when I reread what I've written in the past, I feel that I was an idiot then. One of my friends had confessed to me that he also used to feel the same. This time, I feel that it was so foolish of me to have connected my limitations with my academic life in the previous blog! There I have been wondering if I was encountering a lot of my limitations because I was doing PhD. However, later, I was reminded that life itself is limited. It does not matter what life---within academic circles or not---you are living, you can't live forever. Life is limited! What a simple idea! Any school boy knows that. But I did not take this into consideration while I was thinking about life's limitations in general. Many of my hypotheses had been wrong. Finally, this one wins: everything in the world is limited, and has limitations! Limits are real.

No comments:

Post a Comment