Thursday 25 December 2008

Boredom

I am bored of living among people whom I don't understand and who don't understand me.

Many believe that there is a predefined way of living and try to make their lives according to those predefined standards. Those standards are set by religious beliefs, social conventions, popular notions, the media, institutions (including parents, they also constitute an institution), and so on. Some resort on more "scientific" notions such as psychology, behaviour theory etc. It is appreciable to read on these topics and to know them. But searching for a method of living in all these is merely a mediocre activity.

I see many people around me who are formidably confident about life. They look so "nice" and "pleasing" to many. But in my case, they generate ultimate abhorrence in me. They represent lack of contemplation and mere pragmatism for me. I suppose that they have agreed upon some predefined nature of human life and believe that they live according to it. This makes them feel triumphant and happy.

2 comments:

  1. Why should u feel bored!?
    You should be happy that you know the truth!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ranjitha Hariharan31 July 2009 at 23:53

    @ARK: It seems you have not understood the point. I feel that the author was trying to say that there is no predefined way of living; one has to find his way. So, pretending that one knows the truth is equally foolish, I guess.

    ReplyDelete