Friday 9 October 2009

In the woods, with mysteries

The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,

And miles to go before I sleep.
--Robert Frost, Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, 1923.

Thanks Frost for your really enchanting poem "stopping by woods on a snowy evening".  I still remember myself, as a boy, reading it, reciting it, and learning it by heart during my school days!

Hindsight: Taking a different perspective now, I understand that I have no promises to keep and no miles to go before I sleep.  I am man of no objectives; there is nothing to do, nothing to achieve... .  I too am astonished by the beauty and mysteries surrounding me.  Like a child under some magical influence, I have forgotten myself; I have forgotten the past and the future; I have forgotten where I am; and I no longer have a sense of anything else but this soothing existence.  I am feeling quite calm and serene  now.   Dear Frost, please forget me, I am not subscribed to your view. Let me stay here forever, just enjoying the lovely, dark and deep mysteries... .

Let me just believe that I am going to live forever...
My dear friend, what else is a better belief,
And what else is a better relief,
In this ephemeral existence full of grief?
--Sandeep Palakkal, 2009.

2 comments:

  1. Seems like you got what you want out of life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, nothing like that ARK. It is just my fantasist ramblings.

    ReplyDelete