Tuesday 18 May 2010

After A Journey

April was a very dry month -- oh, I mean I had no post in my blog!  Otherwise, it was a very hot month.  And I was very much immersed in my work, I mean my research work.  My eyes were soaring by looking at the monitor; my fingers were almost broken by writing programs; and my brain almost ceased to work.  Then I took a journey to home -- a journey which was composed of a few short travels.  I had to attend two marriages and a family function, and had to travel to Mangalore.  All my travels were confined to the Indian west-coast, mainly within Kerala.  One thing is for sure -- Chennai is hotter than Kerala and Mangalore.  Indeed I was sweating in Kerala, but as soon as I got to Chennai, my body started taking bath in sweat.

Also, since I was making so many travels after a long time -- maybe, for the first time in this year, especially using the public transport system -- I felt very glad to see that the world is still out there: it exists naturally, normally, without my knowledge and involvement.  It is I who is away from the world, sitting in front of a computer, in an academic environment.  For me, this was a sweet reminder -- a reminder of life itself.

World, wait there for me,
I am coming to you....

Now, May is getting hotter and hotter.  And I am back at my desk, looking at the monitor, sitting muddle-headed, and writing functions after functions in MATLAB.

Sandeep Palakkal

No comments:

Post a Comment